Co-op Electrical Coordinator - Head Office, Morriston, ON
Reporting to the Electrical Operations Manager, the successful candidate will interact with project site teams on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will display knowledge of electrical processes and standards, purchasing and with a demonstrated proven ability to coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Effective interaction with other key NAC jobsite personnel working in a team environment.
- Assist in providing electrical start-up packages.
- Desire to understand and the interpret the full scope of electrical work on the project.
- Review and familiarize yourself with electrical contract drawings and specifications for the project.
- Assist in ensuring the project meets corporate technical compliance standards.
- Eager to become knowledgeable in the electrical standards and updates (TSSA/Quality)
- Ensure the timely pricing and processing of CRX changes / Change Orders including distribution of information to the Project Team. Desire to accurately quantify and adjust price changes in the work, understand the associated impact to project schedule and cost forecasts.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to maintain an accurate and up-to-date Awards & Purchasing Log. Responsible for the purchasing of goods and services when required, using the defined corporate procedures and policies. Follow-up to ensure proper deliver of goods and services.
- Assist in the preparation of sub-contract and Vendor award documents for required services – scope definition, contract documents; interface with sub-contract administration and service providers, as required.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant electrical information to the project team.
- Support the projects' team with the creation of RFI’s and see the process through to completion.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management.
- Obtain field experience for career growth by assisting trade superintendents and project management in the project field, as required
- Knowledge and understanding of NAC’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures as per the roles and responsibilities within the HSE Manual.
- Currently enrolled in an Electrical Engineering program (registered co-op program)
- 1 year experience working in the construction industry preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manor (verbal and written)
- Ability to read construction spec's and drawings
- Commissioning experience is an asset
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software such as, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Works effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- High level of initiative and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Willingness to travel with NAC in future may provided long term employment opportunities with NAC
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required