Millwrights & Apprentices - Richmond, BC
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing stationary machinery and mechanical equipment. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry. You must be proficient at the following tasks: reading blueprints and rigging and hoisting.
- Installing and maintaining industrial machinery
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment
- Observe and comply with all health and safety regulations and ensures any apprentices under your direction comply
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints and shop drawings
- Operate builders level/laser level
- experience installing/plumb/level of drive mechanisms, pumps, mixers and various other process equipment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to give clear direction to other workers
- Handle and transport job materials to the work area as needed
- Perform other related duties, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations
- Must be a ticketed Journeyperson Millwright or registered Millwright apprentice
- 2+ years of experience working in the heavy construction environment
- Possess personal basic hand tools
- Must have hoisting and rigging experience (Apprentices: rigging is an asset)
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Time management skills and reliable
- Receptive to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Valid WHMIS, Aerial Work Platform and Fall Arrest certificates are required