Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer - NAC Head Office
The Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer’s primary role is to plan/oversee, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes conducting ongoing research and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This position will maintain, upgrade and provide support for end-user BI solutions.
- Actively support the NAC Health & Safety Program and all actions specific to meeting annual
- H & S goals and objectives.
- Specify system requirements, design solutions and make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Create/implement new Power BI reports and train users.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of assigned Reporting for NAC including metrics, exception reporting, etc.
- Provide leadership for new projects including development, testing, communication and implementation of automation, work flows and process improvements. Ensuring appropriate partners are included in all decisions.
- Act as the Business Lead in the requirements gathering, development of system specifications, design and development of new Systems functionality, connectivity & processes (including Jonas, Power BI, and Business Intelligence Software etc.).
- Lead the creation and execution of assigned reporting for Operations, Finance, etc. for metrics, data analytics, data integrity and control & compliance.
- Write technical and business documentation (including training manuals).
- Work with internal audit to ensure compliance of all new initiatives.
- Identify departmental needs for software requirements to improve efficiencies and processes; constructing workflow charts and diagrams. Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing and proposed systems.
- Develop, present and implement innovative software or processes to improve NAC’s operations.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define implementation plans, systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; lead cross-functional teams; monitoring project budget.
- Conduct training programs; providing references and support.
- Work with the team supporting a work environment that fosters innovation, collaboration and process and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with the Leadership team, and other internal business partners (Operations, Finance, Information Services, & Procurement) to identify areas of opportunity in compliance, process, reporting and automation.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- This position requires 5+ years’ as a proven BI Developer, coupled with demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Post-secondary degree in software development or equivalent job experience.
- Extensive experience working with Business Intelligence tools (eg. Power BI), MS SQL, Excel/Power Query, SQL Spreads, DAX and/or VBA in both on premise and cloud Azure environments. Jonas experience is an asset.
- Hands on experience with MS SQL databases and servers.
- Knowledge of system security, data backup/recovery of Microsoft Azure services.
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members, as well as non-technical members of the organization.
- Effective problem-solving skills and must be able to complete complex projects with enthusiasm and minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and customer service skills.
- High degree of innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility, adaptability and facilitation skills.
- Superior time management, prioritizing and multitasking skills, with the ability to complete overlapping projects.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational structures and functions.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.