Commissioning Coordinator - Kingston, ON
The Commissioning Coordinator is primarily responsible for all aspects of project contractual documentation and systems including start-up, obtaining permits, preparing and monitoring budgets, providing project estimates, and developing project schedules. With the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning / commissioning / trails and handover execution framework on the project(s) This includes developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Build and maintain a good work ethic and working relationship with the site team, entire project workforce including subcontractors, suppliers, owner and engineer; encourage positive morale.
- Prepare mechanical, electrical and commissioning schedule data for integration to overall project schedules.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the Construction & Project Manager, and the Construction Team to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership.
- Understand and interpret NAC’s contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility. Accountable for meeting the project specific Quality Plan and providing a final product that meets the requirements of NAC’s contract with the Owner.
- Clean up and facilitation of any outstanding M&E Article E submissions.
- Overall maintenance of Article E including the issuance of monthly updates to the PM.
- Overall coordination of all M&E activities as ultimately related to implementation of the work in accordance with contract specifications and project CPM.
- Full control and responsibility for the execution of the Red Tag/Green Tag system for equipment start-up and testing. This includes the exclusive interface with the Project Consultant, Client and Supplier for the complete coordination of events. Additionally, to ensure this proceeds as planned, responsibility to review all final M&E installations prior to start-ups and identification of any deficiencies to Mechanical and Electrical Superintendents.
- Submission of Commissioning Plans to Project Consultant and Client for all work under the control of NAC and those submitted by Subcontractors.
- Assistance in the preparation and issuance of CRXs, CANs, NCPCs and any outstanding contract awards.
- Full control of all M&E related documents and maintenance of filling systems with the assistance of the Project Coordinators.
- Contribute views on designs, constructions, and proposals during project management meetings.
- Lead & direct all commissioning activity for a project including any staff that are responsible for and directing commissioning activities at the site.
- Ensures best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering and including: contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
- Establishes system boundaries, scopes of work, and turnover / commissioning execution plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Construction related degree/diploma & 3-5 years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training & experience.
- Have proven results and worked in similar roles.
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules.
- Solid knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, planning, cost control & engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Persuasive and motivating.
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for Supervisors