Electrical Superintendent/Site Superintendent - BC
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Electrical Superintendent will have experience working on heavy construction projects - ideally Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. The ideal candidate will be eager to apply their experience and knowledge of electrical construction practices to a long-term career in a rapidly growing construction company.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NAC'S Health, Safety, and Environment policies and procedures as per the roles and responsibilities within the HSE Manual.
- Build and maintain a good work ethic and working relationship with the site team, entire project workforce including subcontractors, suppliers, owner and engineer; encourage positive morale.
- Ensure you are the most knowledgeable individual in your trade for the project as ultimately you are accountable for the result. Take all necessary action to ensure you understand the required work.
- Responsible for the complete, thorough working knowledge of the estimate and the applicable material and labour cost codes and be accountable to the Project Superintendent and the Trade Operations Manager for meeting or beating the codes.
- Provide draft written planning aid to the Project Superintendent by the end of each week in preparation of the weekly Planning Aid meetings.
- Prepare and approve timesheets.
- Understand and administer the terms of the collective agreement and NAC’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing the trade specific technical expertise to the project management team for implementation of RFIs, RFS, CRX, commissioning plans and requisitions. Ensure the focus remains in the field.
- Understand and interpret NAC’s contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility. Accountable for meeting the project specific Quality Plan and providing a final product that meets the requirements of NAC’s contract with the Owner.
- Provide regular performance feedback to your workforce. Coach and Discipline when necessary.
- Trade certification + 3-5 years of electrical superintendent experience on relevant heavy construction projects (ideally WTP’s and/or WWTP’s).
- Exellent knowledge of mechanical and civil trades as well as electrical.
- Some Project Management experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess computer skills: Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health, Safety Act.
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job.
- Able to quickly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Valid WHMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform and Fall Arrest certificates are required.