Electricians - Winnipeg, MB
Under the supervision of the Electrical Superintendent, electricians read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and architectural drawings and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layout. They cut, thread, bend, assemble, and install conduits and other types of electrical conductor enclosures and fittings. They pull wire and cable through conduits, position, maintain and install distribution and control equipment such as switches, relays, circuit breaker panels, and fuse enclosures, install single and multi-wire cables above and underground, install data cabling, and install and maintain fibre optic and signalling systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Install MCC's, High Voltage Switchgear and Stress Cones.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using appropriate hand tools and power tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to identify hazards or locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem and ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Work with and maintain all tools in a safe manner
- Respect and respond to direction given
- Perform other related duties, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the heavy construction industry
- Must hold a valid Electrician certification and possess or obtain a Manitoba Electrical License
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Experience working with rigid steel conduit, cable tray, high voltage systems, EMT conduit, motor controls
- Experience with MCC and PLC wiring
- Knowledge of the installation and termination of instrumentation
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Valid WHMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform, Fall Arrest and Confined Space certificates are required