Entry level Labourers/Students - Nanaimo, BC
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent, the Mechanical Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including site preparation, maintenance, demolition and building of construction materials. Working in confined spaces, rigging and scaffolding are core functions of this role. The Mechancial Labourer must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory. The Labourer position consists of a graduated career succession of various levels.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Prepare work areas for installation, performing all necessary excavation preparation.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings and/or direction.
- Assist with installing diffusers in the Bios.
- Material handling.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Assist mechanical trades on site, as necessary.
- Some construction experience is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude is advantageous
- Ability to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attendance and attitude
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Valid WHMIS and Working at Heights/Fall Arrest certificates (further info will be provided during telephone interview)