HSE Officer Co-op Student (Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting to the Corporate HSE Officer, the HSE Co-op student's role is to work in cooperation with the project management and safety team to achieve safety related goals & objectives and ensure a safe working environment. Assist in fulfilling safety related responsibilities, inclusive of administration duties. Support the project safety plan.
- Liaise with Project Management on a daily basis so as to foster, promote and develop a positive safety culture within NAC.
- Monitor and assist in enforcing safety adherence to company HSE Management System by all employees as well as subcontractors.
- Assist in providing safety training as required.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and performance at work sites.
- Assist with investigating all incidents and near misses.
- Liaise with Health Claims Coordinator to facilitate Return to Work Program when required.
- Assist in the ongoing review of risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Facilitate the provision of and maintenance of records in relation to all Project HSE training including WHMIS, toolbox talks, orientations
- Assist in completing all daily, weekly HSE documentation /record keeping requirements as directed within the HSE Management system, including maintaining computerized program.
- Other duties as required.
- This position will involve office and field work.
- Registered Co-op in an Occupational Health and Safety program
- 1 year experience in a safety role and some experience working in the construction industry
- some knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety legislation and standards
- Work respectfully and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners; being inclusive, encouraging participation of all members
- Proficient computer software skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals
- Requires effective written and oral communication skills
- Valid WHMIS, First Aid, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and/or Supervisors certificates are required.