Junior HSE Officer - Hamilton, ON
Reporting on a daily basis to the Project Manager but ultimately to the Corporate HSE Manager, the Junior HSE Officer’s role is to work in cooperation with project management to achieve safety related goals & objectives and ensure a safe working environment. Act as a coach/mentor/facilitator to assist management in fulfilling their safety related responsibilities. Develop and implement the project safety plan. Conduct inspections and incident investigations and ensure corrective actions are completed.
New Graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Liaise with Project Management on a daily basis so as to foster, promote and develop a positive safety culture within NAC.
- Monitor and enforce safety adherence to company HSE Management System by all employees as well as subcontractors.
- Provide safety training as required.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and performance at work sites.
- Investigates all incidents and near misses.
- Liaise with Health Claims Coordinator to facilitate Return to Work Program when required.
- Assist in the ongoing review of risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Facilitate the provision of and maintenance of records in relation to all Project HSE training including WHMIS, toolbox talks, orientations
- Complete all daily, weekly HSE documentation /record keeping requirements as directed within the HSE Management system, including maintaining computerized program.
- Other duties as required.
- Willingness to relocate if required.
- Working hours will reflect project operational requirements.
- This position will involve office and field work.
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health and Safety/NCSO or equivalent preferred.
- Environmental experience/certification.
- Heavy Civil Construction experience is prefered.
- Knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety legislation and standards.
- EMS experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with municipal projects involving heavy civil, mechanical and electrical works is an asset.
- Work respectfully and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners; being inclusive, encouraging participation of all members.
- Proficient computer software skills.
- Requires effective written and oral communication skills.
- Valid WHMIS, First Aid, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and/or Supervisors certificates are required.
- Willing to travel within Canada.