Labourers (level 1 & 2) - Hamilton, ON
Under the direction of the Civil Superintendent, the Civil Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including site preparation, maintenance, dewatering and building of construction materials. The Civil Labourer must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory. The Labourer position consists of a graduated career succession of various levels.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Prepare work areas for installation, performing all necessary excavation preparation.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings and/or direction.
- Assist with the placement and stripping of formwork as required.
- Material handling.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Tend to and operate a variety of machines and equipment necessary for the job, including light excavation equipment.
- Assist carpenters and various other trades as necessary.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in the construction industry preferred.
- Carpentry trade related skills are an asset.
- Experience with formwork is an asset.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attendance and attitude.
- Experience with traffic control is an asset.
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Heavy lifting may be required.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Valid WHMIS, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Working at Heights certificates are required.