Millwright Apprentice - Nanaimo, BC
Under the direction of the Journeyperson Millwright, you will be responsible for assisting with installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing of stationary machinery and mechanical equipment. This position requires experience working in the construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry. You must be proficient at the following tasks assigned.
- Installing and maintaining industrial machinery
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment
- Observe and comply with all health and safety regulations and ensures any apprentices under your direction comply
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment
- Knowledge of mechanical blueprints and shop drawings
- Operate builders level/laser level
- eagerness to install/plumb/level drive mechanisms, pumps, mixers and various other process equipment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to give clear direction to other workers
- Handle and transport job materials to the work area as needed
- Perform other related duties, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations
- Must be a registered Millwright apprentice
- 1-3 years of experience working in the heavy construction environment
- Possess personal basic hand tools
- Hoisting and rigging experience
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Time management skills
- Receptive to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Valid WHMIS, Aerial Work Platform, Fall Arrest and Confined Space certificates are required