Pipefitter/Steamfitters AND Apprentices - Richmond, BC
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing piping systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Layout full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Must be a licensed Pipefitter/Steamfitter or registered apprentice
- Experience working on large scale construction projects
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Experience with large bore PVC piping, copper and stainless steel
- Experience with equipment installation
- 2+ years of experience working in heavy construction
- Hoisting & Rigging skills are considered an asset
- Must be able to follow directions and work independently
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Valid WHMIS, Fall Arrest certificates are required - Elevated/Aerial Work Platform is advantageous
- Ability to travel with NAC to various projects in BC and throughout Canada may provide long term employment opportunities