Plumber, Pipefitter Millwright Apprentices - Maple Ridge, BC
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible in assisting with the layout, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing of piping and plumbing systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, grooving and bending of pipes, valves and fitting using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assist with installing large bore pipe.
- Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Inspect, examine and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Maintain all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices.
- Perform duties while complying to company and client safety requirements at all times.
- Must be a Plumber, Pipefitter or Millwright apprentice
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in the construction industry is preferred
- Experience with installing large bore pipe is an asset
- Experience with threading and roll grooving
- Hoisting & Rigging skills are an asset
- Must be able to receive clear direction and work independently as part of a team
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Good attitude and excellent attendance are required, as well as a willingness to learn
- Valid Certificates & Tickets Required: WHMIS, Fall Arrest
- Ability to travel with NAC in Canada may provide future long term employment opportunities with NAC