Project Coordinator - Hamilton, ON
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and details of the project’s contract management, documentation, and reporting, making this role vital to the project management team. Effective project coordination ensures that information is timely and clear and the progression of the construction work is uninterrupted.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NAC’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures as per the roles and responsibilities within the HSE Manual.
- Serve as the key point of contact for suppliers, sub-contractors, and purchasing department for the coordination of external goods and services.
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management.
- Complete mobilization and demobilization of site offices, furnishing, utilities, communications, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of planning and scheduling tools such as CPM schedule computer software and Planning Aid reports. Maintain accurate and up-to-date project schedules through a good understanding of the project scope and building strategies. Apply basic understanding of building sequencing in the creation and maintenance of the CPM schedule.
- Maintain labour monitoring system.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to maintain an accurate and up-to-date Awards & Purchasing Log. Responsible for the purchasing of goods and services on site using the defined corporate procedures and policies. Follow-up to ensure proper deliver of goods and services.
- Responsible for the preparation, tracking, control and distribution of all Contract documents and drawings.
- Ensure the timely pricing and processing of CRX changes / Change Orders including distribution of information to the Project Team.
- Provide the administrative support to the Trade Superintendents in the procurement and tracking requirements of tools and equipment in accordance with project requirements and Equipment Department policies and procedures.
- Assist in the project close out including in-house detailed deficiency/incomplete work list and timely completion and sign off of each item.
- Obtain field experience for career growth by assisting trade superintendents and project management in the project field.
- Construction related formal education program – CET designation (eg. Construction Management Program) or an equivalent combination of technical training & experience
- 3+ years' experience working in the construction industry
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software such as, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficient in construction contract drawing and specification interpretation
- Experience with construction law and contract review and administration
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Work effectively in a team environment and under high pressure
- High level of initiative, grit and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Able to work with minimal supervision and confident in decision making
- Willing to travel with NAC to various projects within Canada
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required