Labourers (various levels) - Seymour BC
Under the direction of the Civil Superintendent, the civil Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including site preparation, maintenance, demolition and building of construction materials. Working in confined spaces, rigging and scaffolding are core functions of this role. The Civil Labourer must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory. The Labourer position consists of a graduated career succession of various levels.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Prepare work areas for installation, performing all necessary excavation preparation.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings and/or direction.
- Material handling.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Assist carpenters and various other trades as necessary.
- Experienced working in heavy construction preferred
- Carpentry trade related skills are an asset
- Experience with internal finishing (blueskin, hanging metal doors and related hardware, architectural deficiencies)
- Experience with formwork and occasional concrete placement is an asset
- Ability to take and follow instruction.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attendance and attitude
- Experience with traffic control an asset
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Valid WHMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform, Working at Heights/Fall Arrest certificates are required