Plumber Apprentices - Nanaimo, BC
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible to assist with the laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing of piping systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry. Applicants must be local (within 100km) of the project.
- Demonstrate knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, grooving and bending of pipes, valves and fitting using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assist with installation and rigging of spools and materials
- Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Maintain all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices.
- Perform duties while complying to company and client safety requirements at all times.
- Must be a registered Plumber apprentice
- Experience working in a heavy construction environment preferred
- Experience reading mechanical blueprints
- Some knowledge in layout of piping systems
- Experience with threading and roll grooving
- Hoisting & Rigging skills are an asset
- Must be able to execute clear direction in a timely manner, work independently. as well as on a team
- Practice workplace safety procedures as per NAC's policy, ensuring safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Own basic hand tools
- Current WHMIS, Fall Arrest and Elevated Work Platform (EWP) training is required.
- Must have a reliable method of travel to and from work. The ability to travel with NAC throughout Canada is preferred.