Plumber/Pipefitter Apprentices (Level 2-4) Winnipeg, MB
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible to assist with the laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing of piping and plumbing systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, grooving and bending of pipes, valves and fitting using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assist with installation and rigging of spools and materials
- Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Maintain all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices
- Perform duties while complying to company and client safety requirements at all times
- Must be a registered Pipefitter or Plumber apprentice
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in heavy construction preferred
- Experience with equipment installation
- Experience with various sizes of pipe
- Experience with cable tray
- Experience with threading and roll grooving
- Hoisting & Rigging skills are an asset
- Must be able to receive clear direction and work independently as part of a team
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Valid Certificates & Tickets Required: WHMIS, Fall Arrest, Aerial Work Platform, Confined Space.
- Ability to travel with NAC in Canada may provide future long term employment opportunities with NAC