North America Construction (1993) Ltd., - NAC Constructors Ltd. (NAC) is Canada’s leading multi-trade builder and provides true Master Builder services to the civil, municipal and energy biofuel marketplaces. The depth of our resources is evident in the variety of projects we construct. From water filtration to wastewater treatment; dams to ethanol; we build it all…and more! The contagious energy and excitement within NAC creates a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals.
Watch the NAC Careers Video
Carpenters & Formsetters - Cambridge, ON
NAC is currently seeking Carpenter & Formsetters to join our new Wastewater Treatment Plant project located in Galt/Cambridge, ON.
230 Water St., Cambridge, ON
Carpenters and Formsetters are responsible for building, restoring and/or installing of structural formwork from wood or metal forms for the construction of concrete structures. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry. You must be proficient at the following tasks: layout for walls and slabs for heavy construction concrete products.
- Formwork construction and removal experience
- Concrete placement finishing experience is an asset
- Stick building formwork experience
- Heavy civil construction experience preferred
- Shoring experience and skilled working on 7 meter high walls is an asset
- Experience working with circular formwork tanks is an asset
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Heavy lifting required
- WHMIS, Fall Arrest and Elevated Work Platform valid tickets are required
- Hoisting and Rigging experience is an asset
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
- Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Excellent company matched pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Community involvement opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Numerous team activities and various company events
NAC is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals to achieve their goals. If you feel that you need accommodations during the recruitment and selection process because of illness/disability, please contact Human Resources for further information.