Electrical Estimator-Intermediate (Morriston, ON)
Reporting to the Head of Electrical Estimating, the successful candidate will interact with electrical, civil and mechanical estimators on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will possess electrical construction experience.
- Lead the estimate team (all disciplines) through completion of the tender with support from the department heads.
- Lead full-scope estimates on any size project within NAC’s core market.
- Know the complete project complexity of all discipline, sequence/shutdown/tie-ins, schedule and productivity.
- Generate the Estimate recaps to capture all project requirements for pricing breakdown and execute a value distribution strategy that aligns with NAC’s policies.
- Complete all related divisional estimates for NAC, self-perform a complete estimate, including all aspects as per the Electrical Estimating Bidding Procedures on projects of any size and complexity.
- Track all project risks and ensure via the Risk Register; contribute to risk mitigation measures/ evaluation.
- Have the ability to prepare a Class A electrical estimate in its entirety.
- Prepare and navigate through all estimating support software and to rapidly understand and analyze quotes for missing scope to minimize risk to the company.
- Prepare for, communicate and interact effectively during coordination meetings in transferring or acquiring all overlapping scope or risk items of the work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, price lists, etc.
- Prepare tender schedules for projects of any level of complexity.
- Prepare cost codes to reflect the department cost code setup strategy.
- Present estimates, cost codes and participate in review meetings with operations.
- Contribute to discussions and meetings.
- Adhere to established work procedures of the estimating department.
- Electrical field construction experience is a strong asset
- 5+ Years industry experience and 2+ Years estimating experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering degree, Construction Technology, or a trade certificate in an appropriate field
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material / labour estimates and to interpret job cost reports.
- Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Collaborative in dealing with fellow employees. The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues.
- Receptive to change - can adapt to changing circumstances.