Estimator for Design Build (Mechanical Discipline)
The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge in the municipal industry. The incumbent will be able to complete all tasks expected with very little to no supervision and complete an estimate in any market of any size. Through their experience, they will be able to support the organization with value engineering solutions to issues/problems having a total understanding of operational complexities.
- Prepare and complete an entire bid for process systems.
- Prepare and complete all labour, material pricing, and fabrication.
- Demonstrate a strong ability, understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the tender process.
- Ability to create schedules for sequence of work.
- Interact effectively with other departments within the company in bringing good value engineering solutions.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Front End and Divisional General Conditions.
- Lead meetings in the Mechanical discipline.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering, or an appropriate field.
- Minimum of 10 years industry and estimating experience, in the Municipal and Industrial sector.
- Ability to read and interpret building specifications, drawings and as-builds.
- Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
- Sound mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Proficient with shop drawings and specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of Accubid and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Effective verbal and listening skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Work well under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for assigned tasks and tender closings.
- Maintain a professional, positive, working relationship with all employees, executives, clients and engineering consultants, to achieve a cost effective solution for the project.