North America Construction (1993) Ltd., - NAC Constructors Ltd. (NAC) is Canada’s leading multi-trade builder and provides true Master Builder services to the civil, municipal and energy biofuel marketplaces. The depth of our resources is evident in the variety of projects we construct. From water filtration to wastewater treatment; dams to ethanol; we build it all…and more! The contagious energy and excitement within NAC creates a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals.
Watch the NAC Careers Video
FUTURE PIPEFITTER OR PLUMBER OPPORTUNITIES
Please note we do not currently have job sites we are hiring for. Applications will be kept on file for upcoming opportunities based on operational needs. You are welcome to apply to this general posting for potential future consideration.
We strongly encourage you to keep checking the NAC careers section and to apply directly to advertised positions that may be of interest to you, and for which you are qualified.
Future Opportunities - General Consideration
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing piping systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Must be a licensed Pipefitter/Plumber
- Experience working on large scale projects such as WTP/WWTP
- Must possess pipefitting skills for 2" to 20"pipe
- Experience with large bore PVC piping
- Experience with equipment installation
- 3-5 years of experience working in heavy construction
- Hoisting & Rigging skills are considered an asset
- Must be able to work independently
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Valid WHMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Working at Heights/Fall Arrest certificates are required
- Ability to travel with NAC in Ontario
NAC is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals to achieve their goals. If you feel that you need accommodations during the recruitment and selection process because of illness/disability, please contact Human Resources for further information.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
- Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Excellent company matched pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Community involvement opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Numerous team activities and various company events