Human Resources Coordinator - Head Office
As a key member of the HR team, the Coordinator is responsible for supporting the HR department for all people related matters. The role focuses on managing employee files, maintaining our HR policies and programs, coordinating and supporting recruitment initiatives, facilitating the onboarding experience, and supporting day to day HR administrative processes. The HR Coordinator acts as a brand ambassador at NAC and is a champion of our company values.
- Provide input and support to Human Resources Management in the general operations of the Human Resources department. Such as; legislative, special assignments, programs, etc.
- Participate in developing, recommending, and implementing HR policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assist with internal and external training initiatives.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Assist with various HR initiatives and programs as required.
- Employee interface for salaried pension and benefits (enrollment changes & terminations, communications, inquiries, electronic brochures/forms) and maintain spreadsheet.
- Support and lead some HR project and initiatives.
- Contribute, with a continuous improvement mindset, to the implementation of a best-in-class HR practices.
- Assist full cycle recruitment initiatives for all hourly and salaried positions, including researching candidate sources, creating job requisitions, advertisement, resume screening, coordinating & conducting interview, reference checks and other recruitment activities as required.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process and conduct orientations to ensure seamless onboarding experiences for new team members.
- Coordinate inter-department onboarding, obtain, process, follow through with all new hire documentation such as; certifications/qualifications, coordination of drug and alcohol testing, vaccination, communicate new hire information, notifying site to enable coordination of travel, arrival of new hire, new hire orientations.
- Manage employee human resources files such that all required documentation, including copies of current certifications/qualifications, continuing education documentation is accurately tracked and stored.
- Post-secondary degree and/or diploma, with a focus in HR or related field.
- CHRP designation or in progress is an asset.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant HR experience in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Advanced skills in MS Outlook, Work and intermediate skills in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Proven ability to take initiative, manage competing initiatives, and meet deadlines without compromising quality of work.
- Dynamic personality that can drive outcomes and build relationships in a collaborative environment.