Labourer 1 - Hamilton, ON
Under the direction of the Civil Superintendent, the civil Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including site preparation, maintenance, demolition and building of construction materials. Working in confined spaces, rigging and scaffolding are core functions of this role. The Civil Labourer must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory. The Labourer position consists of a graduated career succession of various levels.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Material handling.
- Maintain services and all facilities, ensuring cleanliness and organization.(general housekeeping, cleaning washroom facilities, lunch room, etc.)
- Engage in various forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects.
- Assist carpenters and other trades as required.
- Minimal experience working in the construction industry.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attendance and attitude; desire for long term employment and a career development with NAC.
- Knowledge of safe operation of power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures (heavy lifting may be required).
- Valid WHMIS, Working at Heights and Workers H&S Awareness certificate is required