Labourer (Entry Level) - Equipment Yard, Morriston, ON
Under the direction of the Civil Foreperson, the Civil Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects and as it relates to supporting our equipment yards. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including maintenance, organizing construction materials, operating light equipment and shipping/receiving. The Civil Labourer must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory. The Labourer position consists of a graduated career succession of various levels, including opportunities in an apprenticeship (civil, mechanical and electrical).
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Shipping and receiving (unloading and loading trucks).
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings and/or direction.
- Repairs/demo of formwork (heavy labour).
- Material handling.
- Painting C-CANS
- Maintain organizational services, facilities and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Operation of a variety of machines and equipment necessary for the job, including light excavation equipment (forklift, flat deck truck)
- operate various power tools
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in the construction industry preferred.
- Must possess full G license with clean abstract.
- Carpentry trade related skills are an asset.
- Experience with formwork is an asset.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attendance and attitude.
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Heavy lifting will be required.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Valid WHMIS, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Working at Heights certificates are required.