North America Construction (1993) Ltd., - NAC Constructors Ltd. (NAC) is Canada’s leading multi-trade builder and provides true Master Builder services to the civil, municipal and energy biofuel marketplaces. The depth of our resources is evident in the variety of projects we construct. From water filtration to wastewater treatment; dams to ethanol; we build it all…and more! The contagious energy and excitement within NAC creates a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals.
Watch the NAC Careers Video
Labourer (Entry Level) - Newcastle, ON
NAC is currently seeking an entry level labourer for general site cleanup, on our Water Supply Plant project in Newcastle, ON. Individuals with cleaning experience are encouraged to apply.
5 Lakebreeze Drive, Newcastle, ON.
The Civil Construction Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction's construction projects. This individual will be involved in the construction process and will be responsible for such things as material handling, general clean up and site maintenance (snow shoveling, lighting and cleaning trailers). The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory.
- Clean site trailers (offices, lunch room, etc.)
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential hazards.
- Provide manual labour assistance as required.
- Some previous construction or cleaning experience is an asset.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take and follow instruction.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Time management skills.
- Valid WHMIS, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers certificates are required (NAC WHMIS and link to Safety Awareness training is provided and free)
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
- Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Excellent company matched pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Community involvement opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Numerous team activities and various company events
NAC is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals to achieve their goals. If you feel that you need accommodations during the recruitment and selection process because of illness/disability, please contact Human Resources for further information.