Labourer (Entry Level) or Apprentice - Tofino, ON
Under the direction of the Civil Superintendent, the Level 1 Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects. Individuals will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including site preparation, maintenance, demolition and building of construction materials.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, as well as provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Perform required excavations to create trenches utilizing equipment or when necessary through manual digging.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings.
- Assist with the placement and stripping of formwork as required.
- Backfill trenches with required materials upon completion of job.
- Provide manual labour assistance as required.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities, and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Assist site trades people as necessary.
- Previous construction experience considered an asset.
- First Aid and CPR preferred
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skills considered essential.
- Ability to take and follow instruction.
- Excellent attendance and attitude
- Knowledge of safe operation of power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Time management skills.
- Valid WHMIS, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Working at Heights/Fall Arrest certificates are required.