Labourer - Equipment Yard Morriston
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Labourer will perform physical work at the yard. This includes preparing the yard and equipment by cleaning, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards. The successful candidate may operate some types of equipment or assemble items for the construction sites. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and perform tasks involving physical labour for heavy construction projects, including preparation, maintenance, demolition and building of construction materials. The Labourer must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory. The Labourer position consists of a graduated career succession of various levels, as well as the ability to transfer to a construction site and/or apprenticeship in future.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Prepare work areas for installation, preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings and/or direction.
- Assist with the placement and stripping of formwork as required.
- Material handling.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Tend to and operate a variety of machines and equipment necessary for the job, including light excavation equipment.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in the construction industry preferred
- Must possess full G license with clean abstract
- Carpentry/Mechanical trade related skills are an asset
- Experience with formwork and occasional concrete placement is an asset
- Ability to take and follow instruction
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attendance and attitude
- Experience with traffic control is an asset
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Tube and clamp scaffolding experience is an asset
- Valid WHMIS, Elevated/Aerial Work Platform, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Working at Heights certificates are required