Labourer (level 3)
The Civil Construction Labourer – 3; plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd. construction projects. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and will be responsible for such things as material handling, general clean up, light scaffold erection, stripping of formwork, site maintenance (snow shoveling, lighting, cleaning trailers small equipment operation, site preparation, and excavation. The Civil Construction Labourer - 3 must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, as well as provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Prepare work areas for installation, performing all necessary excavation preparation including slope and elevation determination.
- Perform required excavations to create trenches utilizing equipment or when necessary through manual digging.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings.
- Assist with the placement and stripping of formwork as required.
- Backfill trenches with required materials upon completion of job.
- Construct and install heating and hoarding
- Perform dewatering – pumping of water.
- Provide manual labour assistance as required.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Tend to and operate a variety of machines and equipment necessary for the job, including light excavation equipment.
- Assist site trades people as necessary.
- Previous construction experience considered an asset.
- Ability to operate a Zoom Boom.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skills considered essential.
- Ability to take and follow instruction.
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Time management skills.
- Valid WHMIS, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Working at Heights/Fall Arrest certificates are required.