Labourers - ERIN, ON
Under the direction of the Civil Superintendent, the civil Labourer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of North America Construction (1993) Ltd./NAC Constructors Ltd. construction projects. This individual will be heavily involved in the construction process and will be responsible for such things as material handling, general clean up, light scaffold erection, stripping of formwork, site maintenance (snow shoveling, lighting, cleaning trailers and small equipment operation. The Civil Construction Labourer - 1 must perform all work to regulated organizational, provincial and federal standards and procedures. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety & quality are mandatory.
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, as well as provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Perform required excavations to create trenches utilizing equipment or when necessary through manual digging.
- Perform site preparation and clean up duties.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place materials accurately and according to drawings.
- Assist with the placement and stripping of formwork as required.
- Backfill trenches with required materials upon completion of job.
- Provide manual labour assistance as required.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities, and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labouring to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Assist site trades people as necessary.
- Previous construction experience considered an asset.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skills considered essential.
- Ability to take and follow instruction.
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Time management skills.
- Receptive to change - can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Makes suggestions for improvement.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect.