M&E Quality Coordinator - Winnipeg. MB
Reporting to the Construction Director, the Construction/M & E Quality Coordinator will be responsible for the review of the project scope of work and advise the subcontractors of the necessary Quality requirements of the installation. Review scope and schedules with subcontractors and consultants, specific testing requirements, testing authorities and certificates required for the project. This position will provide construction support in the forms of office/coordination work as well as field supervision.
- Identify critical components and ensure accurate resource to meet project goals.
- Able to adapt schedule to changing site conditions.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all contracts in relation to the project requirements.
- Have ownership of NAC's QMS.
- Implement field processess for execution of QMS.
- Oversee field activities to ensure QMS is adhered to.
- Apply contract administration methods to uphold contract terms and conditions in order to protect NAC’s interests.
- Coordinate all relevant drawings and information to eliminate interference problems.
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in updating and achieving schedule requirements, RFI’s and shop drawings and administrate Civil/mechanical and electrical project completion requirements.
- Report accurate quantities for labour cost reports and accurately monitor material ledgers to ensure quantities in estimate are sufficient to complete the project.
- Find solutions to conflicts in structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications and follow-up with consultants and sub-trades to completion.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
- Assist in the development of the Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plan.
- Develop quality and tool box talks with all trades to ensure quality remains a priority for all work execution.
- Conduct quality activities aligned with project scope as per the contract terms and conditions.
- Liaise with Owner Representatives and Consultants on quality related items.
- Produce or collect quality turnover documentation.
- Have ownership of NAC's punchlist and deficiency lists.
- Coordinate internal QC inspections.
- Request and coordinate QA inspections.
- Work with field management to ensure the protection of finished work.
- Audit work against established quality standards and identify areas of improvement. Review and issue any non-conformance reports (NCR’s) for the project to ensure all parties know what is required to remediate the issue. Stay current with industry practices and technologies and seek new and innovative construction methods and processes.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role within a construction environment.
- Water and Waste Water experience is an asset however heavy process related experience is essential.
- Engineering qualification in civil, mechanical or electrical discipline required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manor
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software such as, Excel, Word and Outlook. Working knowledge of Primavera P6 is required.
- Ability to professionally communicate with Clients/Engineers as required
- Proficient in construction contract drawing and specification interpretation
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Work effectively in a team environment and under high pressure
- High level of initiative and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to travel with NAC within Canada may present long term career and growth opportunities
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required