Mechanical Coordinator - Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will interact with project site teams on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will display strong knowledge mechanical processes and standards, purchasing and with a demonstrated proven ability to coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NAC’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures as per the roles and responsibilities within the HSE Manual.
- Effective interaction with other key NAC jobsite personnel working in a team environment.
- Prepare complete mechanical start-up packages.
- Thorough understanding and proper interpretation of the full scope of the mechanical work for each project.
- Review and familiarize yourself with mechanical contract drawings and specifications for each project.
- Ensure all projects meet corporate mechanical technical compliance standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical standards and updates (MCC/TSSA/Quality)
- Ensure the timely pricing and processing of CRX changes / Change Orders including distribution of information to the Project Team. Ability to accurately quantify and price changes in the work, understand the associated impact to project schedule and cost forecasts.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to maintain an accurate and up-to-date Awards & Purchasing Log. Responsible for the purchasing of goods and services when required in the office using the defined corporate procedures and policies. Follow-up to ensure proper deliver of goods and services.
- Assist in the preparation of sub-contract and Vendor award documents for required services – scope definition, contract documents; interface with sub-contract administration and service providers as required.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant mechanical information to the project teams.
- Advise/support the project teams with the creation of mechanical RFI’s and see the process through to completion.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management.
- Obtain field experience for career growth by assisting trade superintendents and project management in the project field
- 2+ years experience in a similar role in the heavy construction industry preferred
- Experience with Primavera P6
- Previous experience in:
- Material Take-Offs
- Spec and drawing review
- Quality Program - ITP development and review/audit
- Production management/cost review
- As built management
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Development of work plans
- Developing execution plans
- Have the ability to communicate with Clients/Engineers on a professional basis
- Construction related formal education program – degree/diploma
- Construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training & experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Works effectively in a team environment and under high pressure
- High level of initiative and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel in future with NAC, to various projects located throughout Canada
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required