Mechanical Materials Coordinator - Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent, the successful candidate will interact with project site teams on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will display a general knowledge of mechanical products (Plumbing Millwright, Pipework, HVAC, etc.) and with the ability to receive incoming shipments, organize materials received, log and distribute to the project site teams. Individuals with experience in shipping and receiving or oil sands work planning are encourage to apply.
- Effective interaction with other key NAC jobsite personnel working in a team environment.
- Receive incoming shipments, organize unloading of goods and ensure proper storage.
- Organize received goods by order number.
- Maintain a written log of received goods and be accountable for tracking deliveries, as well as obtaining appropriate sign-off's.
- Distribute material to various site locations using powered equipment.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant mechanical information to the project teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of NAC’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures as per the roles and responsibilities within the HSE Manual.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a construction environment, with mechanical knowledge
- Zoom boom training is an asset
- Possess general knowledge of mechanical products, such as; plumbing, millwright, pipework, HVAC, etc., is required
- General knowledge of electrical products is an asset
- Effectively communicate in a professional manor (verbal and written)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software such as, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with a high level of initiative and superb organizational skills
- Willingness to travel with NAC in future may provided long term employment opportunities with NAC
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers/Supervisors certificates are required