Payroll Administrator - Head Office
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize NAC's in-house payroll system.
- Verification of employee hours and ensuring allocations are accurate. Administer and process the hourly payroll for unionized employees, including accurate data entry which includes; verification of hours, payroll and correct account allocations.
- Backup for processing salary payroll, as required.
- Perform calculations for applicable adjustments such as, bonus payments, travel allowances, and retroactive payments.
- Thoroughly review and accurately process employee expenses and provide detailed reports, as required.
- Create organized employee files, while maintaining confidentiality of all payroll records.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining and processing existing internal systems.
- Assist in preparing all yearend tax information slips and filings, as required.
- Possess a strong understanding and compliance with all multi-provincial collective agreements.
- Ability to understand and explain all payroll policies, legislation and collective agreement provisions.
- Successful completion of a relevant diploma in finance/payroll or related working experience.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ Canadian payroll experience.
- Proven accuracy, with a strong attention to detail is a must.
- Sound working knowledge of computerized payroll systems, as well as proficient computer skills on Microsoft Office programs. Experience using Jonas software is an asset.
- Display analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.