Pipefitters - Winnipeg, MB
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing piping systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Must be a licensed Plumber or Pipefitter/Steamfitter
- 3-5 years experience working on large scale heavy construction projects
- Must possess pipefitting skills for 1" to 24"pipe
- Experience in fitting pipe and/or pressure vessels
- Experience with stainless pipework in large diameters (6" and larger)
- Experience working with PVC pipe, copper and carbon steel
- Experience with threading machine and victaulic groover
- Experience reading mechanical blueprints and doing layouts
- Hoisting & Rigging experience, working with cranes and other heavy machinery
- Must be able to execute clear direction in a timely manner, work independently, as well as on a team
- Practice workplace safety procedures as per NAC's policy, ensuring safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Own basic hand tools
- Current WHMIS, Fall Arrest and Elevated Work Platform (EWP) and Confined Space training is required.