North America Construction (1993) Ltd., - NAC Constructors Ltd. (NAC) is Canada’s leading multi-trade builder and provides true Master Builder services to the civil, municipal and energy biofuel marketplaces. The depth of our resources is evident in the variety of projects we construct. From water filtration to wastewater treatment; dams to ethanol; we build it all…and more! The contagious energy and excitement within NAC creates a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals.
Watch the NAC Careers Video
Pipefitters - Winnipeg, MB
NAC is currently hiring Journeyperson Pipefitters to join our team, initially based on our South End Water Pollution Control Centre project in Winnipeg, MB. NAC is offering: Travel Allowance (Initial travel to site & final out), $1000 monthly Housing Allowance, Retention Bonus, Bi-Weekly Travel Allowance, to eligible candidates + opportunity to work overtime (55 hours/wk). Journeyperson rate: $44.34 + vacation pay, benefits, pension.
100 Ed Spencer Dr., Winnipeg, MB
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing piping systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Must be a licensed Pipefitter/Steamfitter
- 3-5 years experience working on large scale heavy construction projects
- Prior industrial construction experience preferred
- Must possess pipefitting skills for 1" to 24"pipe
- Experience working with stainless steel pipe, PVC pipe, copper and carbon steel
- Experience with threading machine and victaulic groover
- Experience reading mechanical blueprints and doing layouts
- Hoisting & Rigging experience, working with cranes and other heavy machinery
- Must be able to execute clear direction in a timely manner, work independently, as well as on a team
- Practice workplace safety procedures as per NAC's policy, ensuring safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Own basic hand tools
- Current WHMIS, Fall Arrest and Elevated Work Platform (EWP) and Confined Space training is required.
- Must have a reliable method of travel to and from work. The ability to travel with NAC throughout Canada is preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
- Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Excellent company matched pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Community involvement opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Numerous team activities and various company events
NAC is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals to achieve their goals. If you feel that you need accommodations during the recruitment and selection process because of illness/disability, please contact Human Resources for further information.