Plumber Journeyperson - Thornbury, ON
Under the direction of the Mechanical Superintendent you will be responsible for laying out, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing piping and plumbing systems. This position requires knowledge of the heavy construction industry, specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control and safety associated with this industry.
- Install 6" and 10" PVC SDR 35 storm sewer piping.
- Experience with cast iron, copper and boiler installations.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Must be a certified Plumber
- 2+ years experience working on heavy construction projects is an asset
- Possess pipefitting skills for 2" to 20"pipe
- Experience with large bore PVC piping
- Experience in site services
- Hoisting and rigging skills are considered an asset
- Must be able to work independently and be reliable
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Valid WHMIS, Elevated Work Platform and Working at Heights/Fall Arrest certificates are required
*Furnished accommodations are provided to qualified candidates.
*Travel reimbursement for gas expenditures.
*Hours: M-Thurs, 7 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Fri 7am-11am