Project Coordinator (Intermediate/Senior) - Richmond Hill
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and details of the project’s contract management, documentation, and reporting, making this role vital to the project management team. Effective project coordination ensures that information is timely and clear and the progression of the construction work is uninterrupted.
- Thorough understanding and proper interpretation of the full scope of the project work.
- Serve as the key point of contact for suppliers, sub-contractors, and purchasing department for the coordination of external goods and services.
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management.
- Complete mobilization and demobilization of site offices, furnishing, utilities, communications, etc.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date cost reports. Assist the Project Manager in the quarterly financial forecast and cost projection reporting.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of planning and scheduling tools such as CPM schedule computer software and Planning Aid reports. Maintain accurate and up-to-date project schedules through a good understanding of the project scope and building strategies. Apply basic understanding of building sequencing in the creation and maintenance of the CPM schedule.
- Set up and manage the project billing processes both with the client and subcontractors/vendors. Track and report on monthly cash position.
- Maintain labour monitoring system.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to maintain an accurate and up-to-date Awards & Purchasing Log. Responsible for the purchasing of goods and services on site using the defined corporate procedures and policies. Follow-up to ensure proper deliver of goods and services.
- Prepare sub-contract and Vendor award documents for required services – scope definition, contract documents; interface with sub-contract administration and service providers as required.
- Accountable for the preparation, distribution and submission of Article E documents to meet schedule requirements. Create and maintain an accurate and up-to-date Article E log.
- Responsible for the preparation, tracking, control and distribution of all Contract documents and drawings.
- Ensure the timely pricing and processing of CRX changes / Change Orders including distribution of information to the Project Team. Ability to accurately quantify and price changes in the work, understand the associated impact to project schedule and cost forecasts.
- Responsible for the control of the site RFI process.
- Provide the administrative support to the Trade Superintendents in the procurement and tracking requirements of tools and equipment in accordance with project requirements and Equipment Department policies and procedures.
- Assist for the accuracy of all shipping and receiving materials related to the project.
- Coordinate housing and travel for the workforce.
- Prepare, maintain, submit and obtain approval of all O&M manuals, spare parts, warranty, hold backs, project closeout and as-build drawings coinciding with progression of the work.
- Assist in preparing, distribution and communicating document requirements for equipment start-up, commissioning and equipment control logs (inc. green/red tagging).
- Assist in the project close out including in-house detailed deficiency/incomplete work list and timely completion and sign off of each item.
- Obtain field experience for career growth by assisting trade superintendents and project management in the project field.
- Take, organize and store for easy access all project photo’s on a consistent basis.
- Diploma or degree from a Construction related program, or an equivalent combination of technical training & experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software. Procore is an asset.
- Proficient in construction contract drawing and specification interpretation
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Work effectively independently, with minimal supervision
- High level of initiative and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Willingness to travel with NAC may provide long term career opportunities
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required