Project Coordinator (Junior/Intermediate) - Richmond Hill
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and details of the project’s contract management, documentation, and reporting, making this role vital to the project management team. Effective project coordination ensures that information is timely and clear and the progression of the construction work is uninterrupted.
- Maintain written logs and photos of received goods and be accountable for tracking deliveries as well as obtaining appropriate sign off’s (ITP’s, Shipping Logs etc) required within the specification documents.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to coordinate delivery of all contract equipment. Monitor ECL to ensure delivery dates meet contract requirements. Follow-up to ensure proper deliver of goods and services.
- Accountable for proper material/equipment storage, protection, and maintenance to ensure delivered product is not lost or damaged up to the point of commissioning and turn-over. Ensure all goods and equipment are stored and maintained per O&M’s and contract specifications.
- Organize received goods by requisition number, package for easy delivery to site teams. Ensure Superintendents are made aware when orders are filled and work can commence.
- Manage laydown, tool cribs and storage facilities to ensure access to materials can be easily achieved and is organized in a way to minimize installation downtimes.
- Assist coordinators and superintendents to ensure the accuracy of all shipping and receiving materials related to the project. Verify quantities and material types match ordered materials.
- Receive, store and document all spare parts delivered to site. Work with site coordinators to verify all parts required are accounted for. Prepare and complete turn over to clients along with any required documentation.
- Coordinate the movement of materials and equipment to designated work areas, helping minimize labour involvement and reducing unproductive work conducted by hourly employees.
- Provide administrative support to Trade Superintendents in the procurement and tracking of tools, equipment and rentals
- Provide updates for weekly planning meetings to ensure clear timeframes are communicated so that site management can effectively plan work.
- Keep open communication with trade leadership staff (Superintendents, Foreman, Lead Hand) and assist by tracking down and delivering material to work areas should the need arise, thereby keeping hourly employees in designated work areas focused on productive work.
- Accountable to ensure the workforce and superintendents are given adequate, clear instructions and they understand the requirements regarding safety when unloading and storing equipment.
- Build and maintain a good work ethic and working relationship with the site team, entire project workforce including subcontractors, suppliers, owner and engineer; encourage positive morale.
- Serve as the point of contract for suppliers, sub-contractors and purchasing department for the coordination of external goods and services.
- Obtain field experience for career growth by assisting trade superintendents and project management in the project field.
- Diploma or degree from a Construction related program, or an equivalent combination of technical training & experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software. Procore is an asset.
- Proficient in construction contract drawing and specification interpretation
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Work effectively independently, with minimal supervision
- High level of initiative and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Willingness to travel with NAC may provide long term career opportunities
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required