Project Coordinator - Windsor/Chatham Area
Reporting to the Civil Operations Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and details of the project’s contract management, documentation, and reporting, making this role vital to the project management team. Effective project coordination ensures that information is timely and clear and the progression of the construction work is uninterrupted.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NAC’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures as per the roles and responsibilities within the HSE Manual.
- Serve as the key point of contact for suppliers, sub-contractors, and purchasing department for the coordination of external goods and services.
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management.
- Apply technical knowledge with regards to; IFC drawing review, vendor shop drawing review, creation of RFI's, as-built drawing completing
- Knowledge and understanding of planning and scheduling tools such as CPM schedule computer software and Planning Aid reports. Maintain accurate and up-to-date project schedules through a good understanding of the project scope and building strategies. Apply basic understanding of building sequencing in the creation and maintenance of the CPM schedule.
- Maintain labour monitoring system.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to maintain an accurate and up-to-date Awards & Purchasing Log. Responsible for the purchasing of goods and services on site using the defined corporate procedures and policies. Follow-up to ensure proper deliver of goods and services.
- Responsible for the preparation, tracking, control and distribution of all Contract documents and drawings.
- Ensure the timely pricing and processing of CRX changes / Change Orders including distribution of information to the Project Team.
- Provide support to the Trade Superintendents in the procurement and tracking requirements of tools and equipment in accordance with project requirements and Equipment Department policies and procedures.
- Assist in the project close out including in-house detailed deficiency/incomplete work list and timely completion and sign off of each item.
- Career growth opportunities are available through assisting trade superintendents and project management in the field.
- Post secondary engineering degree or diploma (civil or construction management program) or an equivalent combination of technical training & experience
- 1 year experience in a similar role within the construction industry is an asset
- Commissioning experience is an asset
- Technical experience with IFC Drawings review, Vendor Shop Drawing review, RFI creation, As Built Drawing completion, planning and scheduling.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software such as, Excel, Word and Outlook (experience with Jonas accounting software and Primavera is an asset)
- Proficient in construction contract drawing and specification interpretation
- Experience with cost control, purchasing, and management of site materials
- Some experience with HSE coordination is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Work effectively in a team environment and under high pressure and able to work with minimal supervision
- High level of initiative and keen interest in technical problem solving
- Willing to travel with NAC in future may present long term career opportunities and development
- Valid WHMIS and Health and Safety Awareness Training for workers/supervisors certificates are required