Structural Engineer - Morriston, ON
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Responsible for preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, and reports.
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience
- Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
- Provide feedback and advice regarding the technical and structural aspects of company projects to management and other project leaders
- Making technical reviews and providing recommendations regarding designs and reports prepared by consulting engineers
- Research design options and document findings
- Review shop drawings
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Attend and participate in Client meetings.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Some travel within Canada may be required.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Practicing Professional Engineer in Ontario, Manitoba, and/or British Columbia, with the ability and willingness to obtain designation in other Canadian provinces
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCad and computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents
- Competent in Civil/Structural engineering calculations
- Competent in Civil/Structural engineering plans, design, and layout
- Competency in pipe stress analysis is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes for operation's geographical area required
- Attend and participate in Client meetings
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply the right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management