Technical Proposal Coordinator
The Technical Proposal Engineer/Coordinator will assist in all relevant activities related to the composing of proposals for alternate delivery projects such as municipal, civil, energy and biofuels marketplaces. Responsible for supporting the proposal process from start to finish to ensure accurate and timely responses to comprehensive statement of qualifications, request for qualifications, request for proposals, and various related documents. Delivers high quality and error free submission on time. Reviews technical requirements, develops proposal outline and prepares "Proposal Plans" with detailed timeline and assignments. Coordinates proposal planning meetings and ensures all key stakeholders are represented. Participates in developing overall proposal strategy and applies strategies to proposals. Monitors progress with timely follow-up to ensure deadlines are being met. Assembles and reviews responses for compliance, accuracy and content.
- Generate proposals, develop a proposal outline document, schedule/facilitate contributions of all parties, ensure RFP compliance, draft standard proposal sections, facilitate reviews, and perform quality control on final document.
- Participate in proposal strategy and review meetings. Where several disciplines are involved in a submission, coordinate the information of the various disciplines, delegate as required in such a manner that the submission has a uniform and coherent appearance.
- Assist in the internal risk analysis and potential value engineering ideas.
- Demonstrate a strong ability, understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the tender process for lump sum (design, bid, build), Design Build, IPD and P3 projects.
- Perform and lead due diligence review of prospective projects.
- Desktop and internal research related to proposal submissions including coordinating with other departments to confirm accuracy of information and ensuring the content is tailored to client and proposal needs.
- Manage positive working relationships with current and future clients.
- Network effectively within the industry to provide potential new clients and or opportunities.
- Assist in the assessment of operational issues regarding new projects for competitiveness, current industry trends, potential innovations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Degree from an accredited institution in disciplines such as engineering, communication, marketing, business administration, or a related field/building knowledge. Preference to engineering degree.
- At least 5 years' work experience in communication / marketing / business administration, or related field within the architecture / engineering / building materials / construction industry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; positive attitude.
- Ability to deal effectively with owners, consultants, engineering firms and representatives of other levels of management, peers, team members and the general public.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a strong eye for detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.