The Jericho Reservoir Phase 1 work consists generally of the supply, installation, construction, testing and commissioning of all materials related to the construction a new above ground reservoir and valve chamber, including earthworks, shoring, live service tie-ins, concrete and formwork, process equipment, control and commissioning. In order for the project to be fully operational, there are constraints on some of the tie-in work such as duration, season and time of the day that NAC is required to comply with.
The key components of the Work are generally described as follows;-
- Construction of a dual cell, 20.6ML reinforced concrete potable water reservoir, and main valve control chamber.
- Construction of an external below ground precast valve chamber. Construction of overflow piping and berm.
- Supply, fabrication and installation of process piping, plumbing, valves, and appurtenances.
- Supply and installation of electrical (including power supply and standby power generator), instrumentation and control systems.
- Supply, fabrication and installation of heating and ventilation systems.
- Construction of site drainage and driveway.
- Planting of trees, landscaping and construction of a pond and water feature.
- Modifications at the Barnston Island Main.
- Construction of Township of Langley items (provisional items)
- Commissioning and Testing. Restoration and clean-up.
- Other related work and/or matters including but not limited to construction of access roads, pedestrian and traffic control, noise and dust control, compliance with safety requirements.